Week 3 - (Geo)Visualization
To do before class
- Nathan Yau’s video on visualization.
- Spend the rest of the prep hour browsing through his excellet blog, Flowing Data.
- This class was partially based on (Rey, 2015).
- The slides are also based on (Tufte, 1983), which is not only a classic resource for all things visualization, but a beautiful book.
- Nathan Yau’s book “Visualize this” is a good introductory overview.
- Interesting chronology of milestones in visualization (pdf).
- Rey, S. (2015). Geovisualization. In GPH471: Geographic Information Analysis. Lecture slides from course taught at Arizona State University.
- Tufte, E. R. (1983). The visual display of quantitative information. Graphics press Cheshire, CT.