Week 3 - Spatial Data
To do before class
- TED talk by Carlo Rati about MIT’s SENSEable City Lab projects: excellent set of examples
- New York Times piece on US buildings map
- GHSL Dataset, by the European Comission
- Arribas-Bel, D. (2014). Accidental, open and everywhere: Emerging data sources for the understanding of cities . Applied Geography , 49, 45–53. http://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2013.09.012 The New Urban World .
- Goodchild, M. F. (2007). Citizens as sensors: the world of volunteered geography. GeoJournal, 69(4), 211–221.
- Kitchin, R. (2014). The data revolution: Big data, open data, data infrastructures and their consequences. Sage.
- Lazer, D., & Radford, J. (2017). Data ex Machina: Introduction to Big Data. Annual Review of Sociology, (0).